This cheesecake is very light and helps a full belly after a hearty main course. It is very quick and easy to make and can be made a day in advance to take a bit of pressure off if you have guests coming. just cover with clingfilm and it will quite happily sit in your fridge over night.
1 pint of double cream
300g soft cheese
3 oz sugar
15 digestive biscuits
2 oz butter
1 box of AfterEight dinner mints (2 if decorating like mine)
- Put the digestive biscuits into a large strong sandwich bag and bash with a rolling pin or put through a blender to crush up. Melt down the butter over a medium heat and pour over the crushed biscuits in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Put the mix into a cake tin and firm down to form a compact even layer. I use a potato masher for this. Place in a fridge for a half hour.
- On a chopping board roughly chop up the contents of one box of AfterEight dinner mints, set aside.
- Place the soft cheese and sugar into a bowl and pour in the double cream. Whisk this mix until it starts to firm. Add in the chopped dinner mints and whisk the whole mixture again. Pour over the top of biscuit base and smooth out with a spatula.
- To decorate I placed the 2nd box of dinner mints standing around the inside of the cake tin so that when you lift off the section of the tin you are left with a 'wall' of dinner mints that are held in place by the cream.