If there was ever a dessert that could be sent down for pure naughtiness... this is it! Although, it is so naughty and sexy, that just the look of it would melt the Judges heart and have him buckle at the knees with desire. This dessert could aid in bank robberies, casino hoists and possible world domination! Ok that is enough of my gibberish... but in all fairness it is a damn nice dessert. Normally it is made with pure dark (70%cocoa) chocolate but in my opinion it is very rich so I have put in some white chocolate it take that sharpness away. You can also make a pure white chocolate fondant in the same method.
150g unsalted butter
100g dark (70% cocoa)
50g white chocolate
75g caster sugar
1 heaped tablespoon of plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 200c. Grease the insides of the moulds or ramekins with some butter and then lightly dust with some flour, tip out excess out flour. Cut a small disk of parchment paper and line the bottom of each mould or ramekin.
- Cube the butter and break the chocolate into pieces, gently melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (make sure the base of the bowl does not touch the water) and then allow to cool slightly.
- In a separate large mixing bowl whisk the eggs with the caster sugar and when the chocolate mix has cooled slightly whisk it into the egg mix.
- Sift the flour on top of the mix and fold into the mix with a spatula.
- Divide the mix into the moulds or ramekins three quarter ways up. If making in advance they can be placed in the fridge for 24 hours. (just bring back to room temp before popping into the oven).
- Cook the fondants in the middle of the oven for 7 mins in moulds or 12 mins in ramekins. The sides should be firm but the middles soft to touch. Run a sharp knife around the outside and carefully turn out onto a serving plate. Best way to do this is hold a plate upside down on top of the mould and flip the whole thing over, lift off the mould and remove the parchment paper.
- Serve with cream or ice-cream.