These bad boys are defiantly worth giving a go as a dessert for over Christmas time... not only are they fun to make but u will seriously overdose in chocolate and double cream!!! For those losing weight and watching their figures... my humble apologies- but it is but once a year!!!
For the choux pastry:
2oz of butter
200ml of cold water
100g plain flour
2 beaten eggs
For the cream filling:
300ml double cream
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
3 tablespoons of caster sugar
For the chocolate sauce:
125g plain dark chocolate
1 oz butter
A splash of water
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with some grease proof paper
- For the pastry. Place the water in the bowl along with the butter and place on a hot hob and bring to the boil. In the meantime sift the flour into a mixing bowl. Once the water/butter has reached boiling point take it off the heat and beat into the flour until smooth. Set aside to cool for 10 mins. Now beat in enough of the eggs bit by bit until you reach a smooth soft mixture. At this point you can either spoon out the mixture or put it into a piping bag and pipe it into small balls on the baking sheet. Bake for 25 mins and when ready pierce with a skewer to release steam.
- For the cream filling simply whisk the ingredients together until it stiffens. When filling cut the pastry half way around and fill with the cream filling.
- To make the sauce place the ingredients into a heatproof bowl and put over a small saucepan of simmering water to melt, stir to combine well.
- Serve however you like and pour the delicious sauce over.