These little baskets not only look great but taste so good! They dont have to be made into baskets if you dont want the hassle they can be kept as wee biscuits instead.
Makes 20 biscuits or ten baskets:
125g of flaked almonds
125g of caster sugar
2 drops of vanilla extract
25g melted butter
2 egg whites
20g of plain flour
- In a mixing bowl combine the almonds, sugar, vanilla extract and egg whites.
- Pour in the melted butter and stir well. Cover with cling-film and place in the fridge overnight.
- The next day sift in the flour and stir until well incorporated.
- On a non-stick baking tray spoon out small amounts and flatten out to a thin layer with the back of a spoon.
- Bung into a preheated oven at 150 degrees for about 18-20 mins, they should be golden all over.
- At this point they can be left as biscuits, however if you want baskets shape them in little bowls or ramekins while they are still warm.
- When cooled fill with freshly whipped cream and top with berries of your choice.