My First Video Recipe
Ok, I have decided to do a few videos of some Basics in Home Cooking. These are for people looking to get into some cooking or just looking for new fresh ideas!
First up is how to make a very simple and basic homemade pizza.. this will be a huge hit for all the family.
So here is the recipe and the link to watch the video, I hope you enjoy it and excuse the nerves :)
Makes up to 6 pizzas:
500g strong flour
300ml skimmed milk
1 sachet of bakers yeast
Pinch of salt
1. Heat milk gently in a saucepan, add the yeast and stir until dissolved.
- Sift flour and salt into mixing bowl. Make a well in middle and add the milk with dissolved yeast.
- Mix together using a spoon, it should be quite sticky. Empty out onto a lightly floured work surface, kneed it for 10 mins and bop back into bowl and cover with Clingfilm for 20 mins.
- Punch out the air, it can be used right away or wrap in Clingfilm and keep in fridge.
- When using pull off a ball smaller than a tennis ball and roll it out as thinly as possible, don’t worry about perfect circles.
- Pop it onto a oiled pizza tray and lightly spoon on some pasta sauce, grate over some cheese of your choice (I just use low fat cheddar), and add the toppings of your choice.
- 15-20 mins in a HOT oven will make a lovely crispy pizza.