Beautiful Potato and Leek Soup
This is my sister Andrea's recipe and every time I go up home I look forward to having it for lunch. Served with some crusty loaf this as a tasty and filling dish, simple comfort food at its best!
4 large leeks
2 medium potatoes
1 large onion
1 clove or garlic
850ml chicken stock
275ml skimmed/ semi-skimmed milk
- Roughly chop the onion, garlic and leeks. Peel and cube the potatoes.
- In a large saucepan over a medium heat sweat off the onion and garlic in the butter for 5 mins then add the leek and sweat for a further 10 mins stirring occasionally to stop it catching.
- Add the stock, milk potatoes and season well, bring to the boil for 5 mins then simmer for another 5 mins.
- Allow to cool slightly then blitz with either a hand blender or a jug blender until silky smooth.
- Serve with a dollop of creme fraiche and some crusty bread.