Wednesday 8 June 2011

Bloom 2011





On Sunday I went to the Bloom in the park in Dublin's Phoenix Park, it was such a great experience.
I was particularly interested in the food section and the growing your own sections. I literally could have spent all day... all weekend walking around and tasting all the great samples all the stalls had to offer but I gotta say the nicest thing I tasted was from the Ballymaloe stall and it was so simple, a cream cracker, Ballymaloe cheese and some Ballymaloe cranberry sauce... man I can still taste it (even after a fair share of Dublin's finest Guinness).


I dont know how I managed to do it but i picked the only day that was cold and kinda wet... and being in a pair of shorts and t-shirt I really wasn't equipped for the weather. I have really got the notion that I want to keep bee's but I really need to look into it more. Ciara on the other hand has her sights set in pigs... I guess she is kinda used to living with me for a while (my side of the bedroom is kept like a pig-sty alright). So we were both checking out the stalls which tickled our fancies.



I also gotta say that the whole event was really well set up and fair play to Bord Bia ... Everything was so accessible and welcoming!

We also got a chance to see a live cooking demo by celeb home cook and fellow blogger Donal Skehan, It was great to see and he defiantly wasn't short of confidence and flair. Donal has come such a long way in a short space of time. I got to have a chat to him after it and he knew me from my blog. He was a pro and a gentleman and had time for everyone... well done Donal. In case you dont know Donal has his site http://www.donalskehan.com and is on RTE1 Monday evenings at 8.30 for Kitchen Hero his debut series.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...